According to a Gartner analysis, the global market for low-code platforms in software development is projected to achieve a value of USD 187 billion by 2030. This growth represents a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 31.1% over the course of a decade, from 2020 to 2030.
The driving forces behind this expansion have sparked numerous discussions among leading manufacturers worldwide during the Smart Industry event in Oslo, held from May 23 to May 25, 2022.
The manufacturing sector stands out as one of the most intricate and multifaceted fields of business. It encompasses a wide range of activities, including research and development, sales and marketing, management, human resources, procurement, and a complex network of production processes. Regardless of this complexity, low-code platforms present a multitude of opportunities.
Why Low-Code Platform?
In today’s business landscape, a growing number of companies are channeling their investments into technology in order to enhance their operations and optimize sales. The introduction of novel technologies has had a profound influence on manufacturing strategies, leading to increased efficiency in the industry. Two decades ago, high-tech digital systems were responsible for just 5% of manufacturing processes. However, this figure has surged to 26% today. Among these technological systems are low-code platforms (LCPs).
For enterprises grappling with rising expenditures, mounting customer expectations, and emerging market prospects, LCPs can represent the ideal, cost-efficient solution to gain a competitive advantage. They provide a visual approach to software development and represent the next evolutionary step in abstracting the writing of application code.
Low-Code Platform for Manufacturing Industry
Low-code streamlines app development for manufacturing. Visual interfaces, drag-and-drop features, and minimal coding fast-track application creation, bridging programming gaps and boosting manufacturing automation
How Low-code Platforms can enhance manufacturing operations
The manufacturing sector is witnessing a significant shift toward digital transformation. Numerous industry leaders have reaped the benefits of embracing innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, and Additive Manufacturing.
Industry 4.0 has brought about a profound transformation in manufacturing, and its impact is evident across the spectrum. An increasing number of manufacturers are leveraging mobile devices, IoT, data analytics, cloud computing, and other cutting-edge technologies. Through the adoption of these modern tools, companies are achieving heightened efficiencies and cost reductions.
Within this context, organizations have recognized the manifold advantages of low-code software development. This approach empowers engineers to design applications that tackle manufacturing challenges. Skilled developers can then concentrate on pressing tasks while employees are empowered to independently devise solutions. Furthermore, IT teams and business users can collaborate seamlessly on low-code projects.
Utilizing Low-Code Platforms for Manufacturing App Development
Manufacturers can employ low-code platforms to transform traditional paper forms into digital formats. By embracing automated shop floor management, manufacturers unlock a multitude of possibilities for enhancing manufacturing quality. An effective approach to ensuring quality for recurring tasks and gathering data for ongoing improvement strategies involves the utilization of digital checklists.
Kovaion stands out as an exceptional choice for the manufacturing industry when it comes to low-code platforms. It offers a versatile solution that enables the creation of both mobile and web applications with remarkable simplicity. This level of accessibility and ease of use can be a game-changer for manufacturing organizations, as it reduces the barriers to application development. This means that even those without extensive coding knowledge can actively contribute to the creation of apps tailored to the unique needs of the manufacturing industry.
Benefits of Low-Code Development Platform for Manufacturing
Low-code development platforms offer numerous advantages for the manufacturing industry, including:
- Rapid Application Development: Low-code application platforms significantly accelerate the application development process, allowing manufacturers to create and deploy software solutions quickly. This speed is crucial in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Reduced Costs: By minimizing the need for extensive coding and development expertise, low-code platforms help manufacturers save on development costs. This cost-efficiency is particularly valuable for small and medium-sized manufacturers.
- Enhanced Productivity: Low-code platforms simplify the development process, enabling manufacturing teams to focus on core tasks rather than spending excessive time on coding. This increased productivity can lead to greater output and efficiency.
- Flexibility: Manufacturers can adapt low-code solutions to suit their specific needs and workflows. These platforms provide a high degree of customization, allowing for tailored applications that address unique challenges.
- Visual Development: The visual interface of low-code platforms, often featuring drag-and-drop functionality, makes application development accessible to a broader range of individuals within the organization. This democratizes app development and fosters collaboration between IT teams and business users.
- Streamlined Processes: Manufacturers can use low-code app platforms to automate and optimize various processes, such as inventory management, quality control, and supply chain monitoring, resulting in smoother operations.
- Real-time Data: Low-code apps can collect and provide real-time data, enabling manufacturers to make informed decisions, monitor production processes, and proactively address issues.
- Scalability: Low-code applications can grow with the business. As manufacturing operations expand, the flexibility of low-code platforms allows for the seamless addition of new features and functionalities.
- Reduced Errors: The simplicity and standardization of low-code development can reduce the likelihood of coding errors, enhancing the overall reliability of applications used in manufacturing processes.
- Compliance and Traceability: Low-code platforms can help manufacturers maintain compliance with industry regulations and standards. They often provide traceability and audit capabilities, essential in manufacturing environments.
Are Low-Code Platforms the Future for Manufacturing?
Low-code platforms hold significant promise as the future of manufacturing for several compelling reasons. First, manufacturing is increasingly reliant on digital solutions to enhance efficiency and competitiveness. Low-code platforms enable rapid development and deployment of tailored applications, ensuring manufacturers can adapt swiftly to evolving needs and market dynamics. Second, they offer cost-effective development, particularly beneficial for small and medium-sized manufacturers.
Moreover, the democratization of application development through visual interfaces encourages cross-functional collaboration, empowering diverse teams to contribute to digital solutions. Streamlining operations, integrating with IoT, ensuring compliance, and enabling real-time decision-making are essential features for manufacturing’s future success, all of which low-code platforms offer. Overall, low-code platforms align perfectly with the industry’s need for agility, innovation, and efficiency in a rapidly changing landscape.