Oracle-PeopleSoft 9.2 has includes new feature like,
1. Enhancements in Oracle’s People tools ver 8.51
2. Ease of use of Reporting and Analytics
3. Greater flexibility and Adaptability
4. Access to industry’s best practices
5. Excellent from the Risk and Compliance perspective
6. Low cost of future upgrades
7. Good Functional Enhancements
8. Increased RoI
9. A platform being set for Fusion
It has created significant business drivers for those organizations that are currently in the older version (both application and People tools) and are either supported or de-supported by Oracle.
The PeopleSoft product roadmap is
1. Application upgrade
2. Technology Upgrade
In this we provide
b. Any re platform of O/S or DB
c. Re-host and moves only upgrade
A. Improvement of the current application
- The Upgrade is driven by technology/product support
- All customizations are relevant to the current business need
- New features are not a requirement at this point of time for the business
Key facts of the Upgrade
- Lesser duration to upgrade
- Minimal involvement from business/SME
- A high level assessment
- Objective of the upgrade is very clear
- Completion of upgrade in a shorter duration
- Minimal training effort
- 95% of the customizations are available after the application is being upgraded
B. Outclassing the existing application
The second approach will suit only if
- The business is driving the requirements
- Full utilization of the latest features and functionalities offered so that customizations can eliminated or minimized to abysmally low levels
Key Facts of the Upgrade
- Duration is longer, similar to a new implementation.
- Commitment and greater involvement from the Management, Project sponsor, Business and SMEs.
- There will be a detailed study undertaken for the upgrade.
- Lower future upgrade and Maintenance cost since the client will be using the delivered features and functionalities of the product.
- Better ROI.
- Leveraging industry best practices.
Head – Sales and Business Development