What is Smart HR Template?
- mart HR templates is an approach to simplify the various transaction process done by HRs, such as hiring, updating a personâ€™s personal or job data, or managing a personâ€™s profile data
- Templates can be personalized to meet departmental needs through automated population. Users can view and test templates dynamically. So the only thing HR enters is the new hireâ€™s personal information.
- HR can configure personal,job and profile transactions to simplify the user experience.
New feature of Smart HR template in PS-9.2
- Enables administrators to use the Manage Transactions component to view transactions that are in draft status, require HR review, or encountered errors.
- Provides integration with Profile Management profiles and Smart HR to help the end users enter/update a personâ€™s profile using Smart HR transaction templates and pages.
- Introduces new component Transaction Type to identify a template’s use, indicate what sections are permitted in template, define which components will be updated during the Smart HR process, and to determine which users have appropriate security access.
- HR can do all the transactions at one place, resulting in increase of efficiency.
- Streamlines repetitive data entry.
Process of Smart HR Template:
Step1: Create template record/field
Navigation: Set Up HCM->Product Related-> Workforce Administration->Smart HR Template-> Template Record/Field
Step2: Create/Use Template Section
- Personal Data sections (includes section like Name, Birth Information, Gender, Education, etc.)
- Job Data sections (like Work Location â€“ Job Indicator, Job Information, Job â€“ Salary Plan, etc.)
- Federal sections (Like Data Control Dates & Action, Tracking Data, Name, etc.)
- Manage Profile sections (like JPM Competencies, JPM Memberships, JPM Tests, etc.)
Step5: Smart HR transactions
Choose the template created and click on Create Transaction. Then, enter the required fields and click on Continue.
Then, enter the new information which needs to be updated and click on Save and Submit as shown below.