Auto complete Rules – A New tool in HCM Experience Design Studio:
In Oracle HCM cloud, a new tool “Autocomplete Rules” under HCM Experience Design Studio has been introduced in 20A update to default specific business attribute field values. Using this functionality, either you can Auto populate or Auto Validate the business attributes. We can default the business attributes either with a constant value or via some derived logic based on the value of other fields. For example, we can default the Probation and Notice Period for all employees while hiring as a static value or we can define logic based on the Designation of the employee for Probation /notice period value population.
- “Autocomplete Rules” rules will apply only on responsive pages and not on classic ones.
- Also, it is under controlled availability. Customer / Partner should raise an SR to request access.
How to Implement Autocomplete Rules:
Here we will demonstrate how to default the “Probation Period Field” to a constant value in a step by step process.
Step 1: Login to the application with a user (user having access to create Sandbox) and then we would need to create a sandbox.
Step 2: Once we click on Sandbox a new page will open where we can choose the tools and create a sandbox.
Step 3: Next we need navigate to Home Page and Click on “HCM Experience Design Studio”.
Step 4: Once we click on the link (highlighted in yellow in above screen-shot) new page will open and we should choose the “Autocomplete Rules”. There are different actions against which we can choose the AutoComplete Rules and they would appear on the drop-down list on the work area.
Step 5: Also there are different types of rules which can be created namely:
- Add Business Object Defaulting Rule
- Add Business Object Validation Rule
- Add Business Object Field Validation Rules
- Add Business Object Field Modification Rules
“Add Business Object Field Validation Rules” allows us for various validations based on the data value stored in a business object field. “Add Business Object Validation Rule” allow us to restrict various future related transactions against any actions.
Step 6: In this step, we will be create the Business Object Defaulting Rule. For this Example, we would choose “Work Assignment” and “Add Business Object Defaulting Rule”. Once we click on those a new page will appear. We would need to populate the following fields.
And this completes the rule creation part.
Step 7: In this step, we will create a new employee and check whether the Probation Period Field gets defaulted. Navigating to the New Hire page.
Step 8: After entering the “Personal and Basic Details” section when we navigate to “Employment Information” section we can see the Probation Period value gets defaulted.
So, this is how we can make use of “Autocomplete Rules” to default values while performing different transactions within Oracle Fusion HCM Application.
Other Areas of Applications:
- Validate single-entity
- Prevent special characters in names and address fields
- Ensure Phone number formats
- Validate Date attributes
- Prevent retro or future dated transactions
- Validate across business attributes
- If Location is … then Department must be …
- Default business attributes
- Default based on a condition
- Set the Full-time/Part-time status based on Work Hours
Kovaion – Oracle Cloud Team