Archival is a process of moving out the data which is currently not active to a location only meant for record keeping. In other words the data that would no longer be affected or will affect any transaction will be moved. Archival can be Physical Separation of data (moving the data from current location/device to a new/different location/device) or Logical Separation of data (logically grouping the data and moving within the same area).
- To improve application performance â€“ better response time of application online pages, reports and batch processes
- To reduce hardware and storage costs
- To simplify tuning and maintaining large databases
- To help PeopleSoft application developers on response time
- To assist database managers/administrators
- To be used for Audit, compliance and information governance specialists
- To reduce the transaction data growing at the exponential rate
- To retain the detailed information for a longer time
- Statutory & Legislative requirements to hold historical data
Why Historical Data is required?
- Past Payroll data
- Previous fiscal year books of account
- Customer problems/issue logs
- Providing better response to worker/customer
- History Timesheets / Payslip
- CRM Cases
- Closed/Billed historical Invoices
- UK/India statutory and legislative requirements
- Internal/External Audit
Archival approach â€“ Our Experience
PeopleSoft Data Archival Manager:
After analysis of industry leading archival products for PeopleSoft, DAM is the tool we selected to perform the archival activity at one of our leading staffing client. Pictorial representation of archival data movement is given below,
Our value addition to the PeopleSoft Data Archival Manger includes,
- Inbuilt Database Maintenance activity on archive tables.
- Table locking to preserve structure on archive tables.
- Approach to handle non structured tables.
- Unique approach to handle partitioned object archival
Data Archival duration:
For more details, feel free to contact us