People Tools 8.55 introduces a number of important enhancements to the Pivot Grid functionality, beginning with the Fluid UI adoption of PeopleSoft Related Content framework. By using enhanced Pivot Grids, users can access a wide variety of transactional and analytic content online, in context with their daily work, rather than requiring them to produce static reports.
Pivot Grids content will be available to users within dynamic Fluid Tiles, on the Related Content pane, on Fluid Dashboards as well as a number of other easily accessible uses within the PeopleSoft applications.
New Pivot Grid enhancements in 8.55 release of People Tools span multiple aspects of this important functional area. People tools 8.55 focused more on concerns for performance as well as the ease of use of Pivot Grids for developers and business analysts to design, construct and publish Pivot Grids. From People Tools 8.55, Composite Query is added as a source for Pivot Grid content, a feature that greatly extends the reusability of a portfolio of underlying modular query sources.
Pivot Grids also provides the option for users to â€œSave As,â€� so that users can name and save a Pivot Grid definition for their own future use. This section describes the new features for Pivot Grid, including:
- Simplified Analytics
- Introducing Editable Facet in Fluid
- Introducing Single select and Multi select Facets
- Sort Data in Pivot Grid Fluid
- Drilling URLS in Fluid
- Format Date Fields in Pivot Grids Charts/Grid
- Introducing new Aggregate Function â€˜Count Distinctâ€™
- Introducing new Dual Y Axis
- Display Mode Section now Removed
- Introducing Threshold Settings Configuration
- Introducing Composite Queries as Data Source
- Copy Pivot Grid Model Now available for all users.
Create Contextual Reports using Simplified Analytics:
1. Starting People Tools 8.55, Simplified Analytics feature enables users to create contextual reports when accessing an application page.
2. The Simplified Analytics feature is only available for fluid components, and this feature must be enabled for fluid components before users can use the Simplified Analytics wizard to create and view analytic reports.
3. Users can create own Pivot grid models for Simplified Analytics, starting People Tools 8.55!
4. Associate one or more pivot grid models to a component
5. Map page fields to the prompts that are associated with the template model and define the required context.
Introducing â€˜Editable Facetâ€™ for Fluid:
1. Use the Editable Facet field in Pivot Grid Wizard to enable the data source columns as editable facets (prompts) in fluid view.
2. Enable this option for the columns that are set as Axis or Value and not Display in the column type.
3. Different operators are available for different type of fields.
4. Editable facets are valid only while viewing the Pivot Grid models in fluid view.
Note: Editable facets are not applied while viewing the pivot grid in classic view.
Introducing Single-select and Multi-select Facets:
1. Use the Specify Data Model Options page, Fluid Mode Options section, Facet Selection region to set the facet display options to display the single-select and multi-select facets as charts and as lists in fluid views.
2. In the chart facets, drill down by clicking the chart data point in the facets.
Note: Update Filters option can be used in the Menu Options list to add or remove existing facets in the model.Inorder to sort data in facets and filters, use the Facet Sort icon at the top-right of each facet
Sort Data in Pivot Grid Fluid:
Sorting the data is possible in four areas of the Pivot Grid fluid views: detailed view, facets or filters, charts, or grids, (sorting facts only).
Drilling URLs in Fluid:
1. Use the Specify Data Model Options page, Fluid Mode Options section, Drilling URL Options region to define how mapped drilling URLs will appear in fluid view.
2. The available options are Full Page Modal, Modal Window, New Window, and Replace Window.
Format â€˜Dateâ€™ fields in Pivot Grid charts/grids:
1. Use the Date Format field on the My Preferences page (Main Homepage, My Reference, and Regional Settings) to set the format of the date fields in Pivot Grid charts and Pivot Grid grids.
2. The format settings at this page are applied for all date values in fluid view.
Note: This applies to classic view as well.
Introducing new Aggregate function â€˜Count Distinct:
1. Beginning from People Tools 8.55, additional option Count Distinct is available to define the aggregate functions.
2. Note that Count or Count Distinct aggregates are available for the fact fields that are set to character.