Approval workflow is the distinctive designer to configure Approval Framework without writing any code. In traditional approaches, one needs to create different pages or components to present requestor and approver data.
Recently, PeopleSoft has delivered Page composer for all workflow Processes and easily linked to approval tile. The Page Composer include empowers clients to plan their own Fluid Application Pages to make it more in accordance with the business needs. The element enables clients to configuration pages for various structure factors and to incorporate fields and tabs utilizing the enlisted segments conveyed with the element. It is metadata driven so the clients can change the styling and format of select zones on segment pages without coding or alter conveyed PeopleSoft application pages.
Below are the step to configure a Process ID with Approval Tile –
- Using Mobile Approval option page, Configure setup for Approval –
Enterprise Components > select Approvals > Approvals > Mobile Approval Options
Select Transaction Tab –
- Fill all the necessary information like Order, Transaction ID, Transaction name, Process ID, Root Package ID, Approve, Deny, and Small Image etc.
- Left Side panel shows Process ID with pending Approvals and Right side shows Approval Details (summary of the transaction).
Below are the steps to configure Process ID with Developer Registration –
- Enterprise Component > Page Composer Administrator > Developer Registration.
- Select Definition as ‘Approval’ and System Source. Click on Search
- The Approvals definition the only definition currently registered for Page Composer. Use the Search pane to search for the Approval transactions that are registered to AWE
- Click on Add Approval Type to add new process ID.
- After Click on ‘Add Approval Type’, Screen looks like this, here configure approval page object with record definition.
- Add necessary details on the page like description, Display Type, Page Name, Form Factor, Sequence, and Page Reserved Field.
- Click on Composite Key Fields and Secondary page display
- Select Cross Reference Record and Process ID.
- Enter the application record detail.
- Recname for application view. This record is used to display drag-from fields in the left-hand panel of the end-user Page Composer component.
- Record Alias
- A 1-4 character alias for the record. The alias is displayed with the record in the left-hand panel list of record in the end-user Page Composer component.
- Buffer Level
- The actual buffer level of the EOPC reserved field in the base component. This value is used to verify that the end-user drags/drops this source record/field to the correct area in the Page Composer target area. This value should match the buffer level of the EOPC reserved object assigned to the page in this composition. If the page is a modal page, set the buffer level to the component level. For example, if the reserved field is on a level 2 modal page and the page fields are all level zero, the buffer level is 2 (not zero).
- Record Label
- Enter the message set and message number for the alternate record label.
- The default label used in Page Composer Designer will come from the record definition (if not message set/number are entered or are invalid).
- NOTE: This value MUST be entered for translations, but it is not required on the page.
- Record Label Message Set
- Record Label Message Number
- Enter search key field names and key sequence.
- Fieldname – the fieldname in the record.
- Bind Index – search key field sequence (1-n).
- Alternate Label – Used only for push button/hyperlink and application pass-through reserved objects. Used to display a label other than those available on the field definition in PeopleTools data dictionary.
- App Class Method (Full Path) – enter the full path name of the application class method. Used only for the app class reserved field.
- Field Event Registration Detail –
- Application Source Record (completed in prerequisite activity – Register application source record)
- Fieldname – field that has the event
- Event Type:
- On Initialization (limited to on initialization for v1) – the field event will always fire when the field is first displayed on the page.
- Application class Method
- Your applicationPackage:applicationClass:Method defined as string.
Below are the steps to configure Process ID with Page Composer –
- Enterprise Component > Page Composer > Page Composer.
- Select ‘Approvals’ as Definition and System Source.
- Select Process ID that has registered to Developer Registration.
- After Selecting Process ID Page Composer’s Page Look like below image.
- Approval Summary comes initially, here just drag and drop Field from toolbox.
- Approval Summary changes reflect on Approval tile page.
- Header Details and line details shows actual transaction page.
- Toolbox are also provide to configure according to different Form Factors.
- Now PeopleSoft Uses Page Composer for Approvals only. However, may be extend the functionality for other purposes also.
PeopleSoft Consultant, Kovaion