Communicate Effectively With Your Employees – Leverage Alerts Composer
Navigation: Navigator Tools Alerts Composer
Let us assume a HR in an organization has to send an email notification to employees for service anniversaries. It is very difficult and tedious process for HR to keep a track of all the employees with service anniversaries and sending email notifications manually.
In addition, below are some of the day-to-day business transactions that will be performed by HR in the organization.
- Notify respective stakeholders when employee probation is about to end, which will help them to take necessary actions.
- Notify employee and manager when employee’s visa/passport is approaching expiration.
- Notify employee and manager when employee’s driving license is approaching expiration.
- Notify employee on life events like birthday, marriage anniversary etc.,
Imagine if system can handle all the above scenarios by sending auto email notification to employees, managers, and respective stakeholders, which saves time and improves productivity for HR in the organization.
This is where Alerts composer in Oracle HCM come to the fore. Using this feature, system will not only just send auto notifications to the users on the respective event but also can send multiple mail notifications to different users for the same event.
Pre-requisite to access Alert Composer:
User must have the below functional privileges to use the Alerts Composer tool and run the alerts.
- HRC_ACCESS_ALERTS_COMPOSER_PRIV: Allows users to access Alerts Composer
- HRC_PROCESS_PREDEFINED_ALERT_PRIV: Allows users to process predefined alerts
Additionally, user required functional privileges to access REST API resources to create or modify user-defined and predefined resource alerts.
Notifications are triggered based on predefined conditions for two types of alerts in the system.
- Event Alerts:
- Event Alerts are pre delivered and triggered when a specific predefined event occurs in the application.
- User is allowed to neither create new Event Alert in the system nor change the triggering criteria of an Event Alert.
- Allows user to change the notification content, message body, recipients etc., for some of the Event Alerts.
- Resource Alerts:
- Resource Alerts are based on the Oracle HCM Cloud REST API resources.
- Allows us to create own Resource Alerts based on Oracle HCM Cloud REST API resources.
- Allows user will be able to modify the triggering criteria for notifications.
- Access levels are pre-defined for alerts to control the actions that can be performed on the alerts.
- User can view the access level for an alert when editing the alert. However, user cannot modify it.
- Alerts that are pre-defined with access levels System or Extensible are always enabled. User is not allowed to disable them.
- Alerts that are user-defined are enabled by default and user is allowed to disable the same.
In this use case, we will see how to send email notification and as well as worklist (bell icon) notification to managers when any of their worker is about to complete probation within 30 days.
Navigate through Navigator Tools Alerts Composer
FIG 1: Access Alerts Composer
FIG 2: Click on ‘Add’ to create a new alert
FIG 3: Click on ‘Add Filter’ under Filters tab
FIG 4: Select resource type as emps and click on ‘Add Expression’
FIG 5: Create expression
FIG 6: Create another expression
FIG 7: Click on add template under templates tab
FIG 8: Provide a name and click on ‘Manage Recipients and Message’
FIG 9: Add Recipients
FIG 10: Create message for the template
FIG 11: Choose Run Options
FIG 12: Run the alert
- Able to send email notifications and/or FYI worklist notifications to users.
- Provides ability to define language/country specific email templates.
- Allows user to personalize notification content using images and rich text.
- Provides ability to define multiple templates for the same event.
- Use Groovy expressions and define variables to substitute runtime values.
- Allows user to schedule for processing the Resource alert notifications.
- User can administer and verify the alerts history and notifications activity.
Kovaion – Oracle Cloud Team