With the new release of PeopleTools 8.56, Oracle has introduced many features which take the User Experience to whole new level and Classic Plus is one amongst them.
Not all the components/pages can be converted to fluid and Oracle has come up with a new feature in PT 8.56 called Classic Plus (Classic+) which converts classic pages to Fluid ones and thus brings unified look and feel within PeopleSoft.
- Improves end user experience exceptionally when the user switching between classic and fluid pages.
- Reduces amount of rework drastically as the page layout will adjust automatically in Classic Plus compared to changing the component property to fluid mode.
The following steps are recommended to make use of Classic+ feature for the application.
- Enable global Classic Plus setting in Branding System Options.
- Enable â€œApply Fluid like theme for Classicâ€� in Style tab at component level.
- Test the page layout and adjust whereever necessary.
Development of Classis Plus:
Step 1: Enable global Classic Plus setting in Branding System Options.
Navigate through Navigator -> PeopleTools -> Portal -> Branding -> Branding System Options and select Theme Style Type as Fluid like theme for Classic under Classic Components sections and click on save as shown in the screenshot below.
Let us take an example of Personal Data page of converting from classic to fluid using Classic+ feature.
Personal Data page before enabling Classic plus:
Step 2: Open the component in application designer and enable Fluid like theme for Classic option under style tab and save the component as show below.
Personal Data page after enabling Classic plus:
- The feature is limited to look and feel only and the classic plus pages are not as responsive as Fluid pages.
- Rework on some page layout adjustment may be required for complex pages as this feature changes the size of objects.
- Though it is a small and simple change, users will not be able to enable as it requires a customization at component level.
Author: Lakshmi Deepak P
Kovaion Consulting -PeopleSoft Practice