- How often you have seen the BI Jobs ran into Skipped, then you found out that it is because there is not data returned to it.
- Would not be nice if we have a feature in system which will make the system to schedule a Job only when it is needed. For instance, only when there is a pay slip eligible for the employee or only when an escalation reminder must be sent on deadline failing (Please contact the Kovaion Cloud help desk to seek the guidance on how to enable any Reminders, Escalations or generate letters).
- It can be leveraged through Trigger option in BI Reports in Fusion HCM Cloud.
Use of Event triggers to control scheduler’s
By using the event triggers, we can schedule the reports only when required, in other words only when the report has some data.
Detail steps on how to enable it for any BI report is explained below.
Step1: Go to Navigator->Tools->Reports and Analytics
Step2: Then will be land upon Reports and Analytics page, Click on Browse Catalog as shown below
Step3: Next go to New->Data Model as shown below
Step4: Then will be land upon Data Model task pane, next click on + icon and choose the source to create a new data model as shown below
Step5: write SQL query as per requirement
To fetch the list of employees who’s ‘Last Working Day’ is current day in an organization.
1.For achieving above case, we need to fill the following details as shown below
2. Next click on ok, go to data and view the result as shown below
3. Then Save the Data Model as shown below
Step6: Next in the Data Model task pane, we need to click on Event Triggers under Properties as shown below.
Step7: Next we need to click on the (+) icon and fill in the following details as shown below.
|Attribute Name||Attribute Value|
|*Name||Schedule Trigger (Could be any name)|
|Language||SQL Query (Gets Auto-Populated when Type is Schedule)|
Step8: Also, for each trigger we do have other fields too which are on the lower UI Pane as shown below.
|Attribute Name||Attribute Value|
|Options||Checked (caches the result of Trigger Query)|
|SQL Query||Could be based on requirement
E.g.: Select Sysdata as Date from dual
Here we are using SQL query (written below) to fetch the list of employees who’s Last working day is Current day in an organization.
Select distinct ppnf. display_name, ppos.ACTUAL_TERMINATION_DATE
ppnf. person_id = ppos. person_id /* Using key field to be mapping both tables */
and trunc (ppos. ACTUAL_TERMINATION_DATE) = trunc(sysdate) /* Condition to check last working
day of employee is current day or not if yes then data returns else returns no data */
Step9: Now we already have a Schedule Trigger Defined and we would proceed to the next step where we will try to use this schedule. For this we will take an already existing BIP Report as shown below.
Step10: Try to schedule the same, for that We need to fill the populate details on the Schedule Tab and click on submit as shown below.
Step11: Next will see the status of the report which earlier scheduled as shown below
Note: If data is returned from the trigger SQL query, then the report job status is ‘Success’. If data is not returned from the trigger SQL query, the report job is ‘Skipped’.
- Maintains clear History of the JOB. Helps the developers to probe in future without going through all the unwanted schedulers.
- Scheduler will post the output file only when there is any data.