Low-Code Platforms are software development tools that enable rapid application creation with minimal traditional coding. They offer a visual interface, pre-built components, and automation to simplify and accelerate development, making them accessible to both developers and non-developers.
While low-code development challenges the conventions of traditional software development, it undeniably represents a valuable investment for numerous business users.
For enterprises aspiring to scale and enhance productivity, considering low-code platforms offers a contemporary solution.
To gain a deeper understanding of low-code development and discover how low-code platforms can significantly enhance your software projects, keep reading!
Gartner Prediction on Low-Code
Gartner’s projection that by 2024, 65% of application development projects will depend on low-code development signals a profound transformation in software development practices. This trend reflects a growing recognition of the efficiency and agility that low-code platforms bring to the application development process.
What is low-code development?
Low-code development is a software development approach that simplifies and accelerates the creation of applications by using visual interfaces and pre-built components. It requires minimal hand-coding, making it accessible to individuals with limited coding experience. Low-code platforms enable faster application development, streamline workflow automation, and empower non-developers to participate in the software development process.
Low-code development platforms (LCDPs) stand out for their remarkable accessibility. With low-code platforms, even individuals who aren’t experienced in coding, often referred to as citizen developers, can create complete, feature-rich applications. This means that people from a business background, with limited coding knowledge, can easily build functional applications.
Best Low-Code Application Development Platforms
With a grasp of low-code development, you might consider investing in a top low-code platform to streamline your projects. This choice opens opportunities to harness the best low-code technology for more efficient software development and goal achievement.
The platforms listed below are some of the best and well-regarded in diverse software development communities.
Kovaion’s Low Code Platform
Kovaion’s Low-Code Platform is a top choice for businesses of all sizes, offering exceptional features and performance. It’s renowned for its affordability, making it an excellent option for small startups and large enterprises alike. This platform empowers users with the tools needed to expedite application development, streamline processes, and drive digital innovation efficiently.
Features of Kovaion’s Low Code Platform
Here are the features incorporated into Kovaion’s Low-Code Platform:
- AI-based application
- Advanced BI Dashboards
- Responsive Application
- Workflow Management
- API Integration
- OTP based Login
- User role management (based on fields)
- Basic to Advanced Formula Calculation
Not an end! They offer prebuilt applications as a bonus. The prebuilt app includes – a WhatsApp Intelligence Platform, HR Recruitment, Knowledge Management Portal, Employee Leave Management, Employee Data Management, Performance Management, and so on.,
Kissflow is one of the low-code platforms in the software development field. This versatile software tool empowers users to streamline and accelerate their application development processes with ease. With Kissflow, you can create customized applications, automate workflows, and design user-friendly interfaces without the need for extensive coding.
It offers a user-friendly interface, pre-built templates, and integration capabilities, making it an ideal choice for businesses seeking to expedite their software development projects while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
Microsoft Power Apps
Microsoft Power Apps is a powerful low-code solution designed to expedite the development of customized business applications. What sets it apart is its remarkable feature set, particularly the inclusion of pre-built artificial intelligence (AI) components. These AI elements make it easier for users to infuse their apps with smart capabilities, such as image recognition and language translation, without the need for extensive AI expertise.
Zoho, a well-recognized Indian multinational technology company, is renowned among business marketers primarily for its robust Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
However, Zoho Creator stands out as a minimalist platform equipped with intuitive visual tools, catering to both low-code and no-code development. With years of experience in the industry, it has established itself as a veteran player in the software development arena. This combination of CRM expertise and development tools makes Zoho a versatile choice for businesses of all sizes.
Salesforce is a well-known name in the marketing sphere, and it’s frequently pitted against HubSpot in comparison to two rival CRM platforms.
On another front, Salesforce Lightning offers a component-based application development framework. In this context, these components serve as user-friendly, low-code visual elements for constructing applications with ease. This duality showcases Salesforce as a significant player in the realms of customer relationship management and application development solutions.
Quickbase is a Low-Code Development Platform (LCDP) designed for streamlining workflows, making it a valuable tool for teams seeking to overcome bottlenecks and optimize operations.
In addition to low-code capabilities, Quickbase also offers a no-code option. Furthermore, it boasts a robust prebuilt marketplace and a range of valuable third-party integrations, further enhancing its appeal as a versatile solution for business process improvement.
OutSystems is an omnichannel low-code platform, that enables enterprises to create applications that seamlessly operate across diverse mediums.
Notable features of the platform include real-time performance dashboards and robust security measures, complemented by its ability to facilitate swift application development. These attributes collectively position OutSystems as a valuable choice for businesses looking to create versatile, high-performing applications.
Mendix offers a comprehensive suite of tools for testing, constructing, and deploying applications via its user-friendly low-code software platform.
With its inception dating back to 2005, Mendix has gained a user base of over 4,000 companies. The platform hinges on model-driven engineering (MDE), a development approach that prioritizes abstract modeling, making it an appealing choice for businesses seeking efficient application development.
Appian stands out as a versatile low-code platform featuring native deployment tools and seamless integration with DevOps solutions like Jenkins.
Tailored for businesses of all scales, Appian empowers users to create Business Process Management (BPM) applications. These applications play a pivotal role in enhancing the organization and efficiency of business processes, making Appian a valuable choice for streamlining operations.
Nintex is a low-code platform specializing in process management and workflow automation, recognizing the pivotal role automation plays in business growth and facilitating digital transformation within organizations.
Notably, Nintex has garnered high acclaim, with over 10,000 organizations across diverse industries reporting significant returns on their investments. This robust track record underlines its effectiveness in driving efficiency and productivity across various sectors.
Benefits of Using Low-Code Development Platform
Using a Low-Code Development Platform offers several benefits, including:
- Rapid Development: Low-code platforms significantly speed up the application development process. With pre-built components and visual interfaces, developers can create software much faster than traditional coding.
- Ease of Use: Low-code platforms are designed to be user-friendly, making them accessible to individuals with limited coding experience. This empowers business users and non-developers to participate in the development process.
- Cost-Efficiency: Low-code development reduces the need for a large development team, as less coding expertise is required. This can lead to cost savings in terms of salaries and project timelines.
- Flexibility: Many low-code platforms offer customization options, allowing developers to add code when necessary. This flexibility accommodates complex requirements while still benefiting from visual development features.
- Consistency: Low-code platforms promote standardization and consistency in application development. This reduces errors and enhances the overall quality of the software.
- Scalability: Low-code applications are often designed to scale easily, making them suitable for both small startups and large enterprises.
- Integration: Many low-code platforms come with integrations for common software and services, simplifying the connection between different systems.
- Agility: Low-code development is highly agile, allowing for rapid adjustments and iterations in response to changing business needs or user feedback.
- Empowering Citizen Developers: Non-technical individuals can contribute to application development, promoting cross-functional collaboration and innovation.
- Reduced Maintenance: The visual nature of low-code development often results in applications with fewer bugs, reducing the maintenance and support required.
Low-Code Platforms Use Cases
Low-code platforms have a wide range of use cases across various industries and business functions. Some common use cases include:
- Application Development: Creating custom business applications for tasks like project management, inventory control, and customer relationship management (CRM) without extensive coding.
- Workflow Automation: Streamlining and automating internal processes, such as approvals, document routing, and task assignments.
- Mobile App Development: Rapidly building mobile applications for both customer-facing and internal use.
- Legacy System Modernization: Updating and modernizing outdated legacy systems to improve functionality and user experience.
- Customer Self-Service Portals: Developing portals that enable customers to access information, submit requests, and manage their accounts without human intervention.
- Forms and Surveys: Designing online forms and surveys for data collection and feedback.
- Reporting and Analytics: Building reporting and analytics tools to gather and analyze data for decision-making.
- Compliance and Regulation Management: Developing solutions to ensure compliance with industry-specific regulations and standards.
- IoT Applications: Creating applications to collect and analyze data from Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
- HR and Employee Management: Building HR systems for managing recruitment, onboarding, performance reviews, and employee records.
- E-commerce: Developing online shopping platforms and digital storefronts for businesses.
- Content Management: Building content management systems (CMS) for websites and intranets.
- Healthcare Solutions: Developing healthcare applications for patient management, telemedicine, and electronic health records (EHRs).
- Financial Services: Creating financial applications for online banking, loan processing, and risk assessment.
- Education: Building e-learning platforms, student information systems, and course management tools for educational institutions.
- Government Services: Developing solutions for government agencies to manage public services, permits, and records.
- Supply Chain Management: Creating applications for tracking and optimizing the supply chain, including inventory management and order processing.
- Marketing Campaigns: Building tools for managing marketing campaigns, email automation, and lead generation.
- Quality Control and Testing: Developing applications for quality assurance and testing processes in manufacturing and software development.
- Event Management: Creating solutions for planning, scheduling, and managing events, conferences, and webinars.
Transforming Business Processes with Low-Code Technology
Selecting the perfect low-code platform for your business can be a daunting task, given the wide range of options available. Each platform has its unique strengths and limitations, and it’s crucial to find one that aligns seamlessly with your company’s distinct needs and goals.
A comprehensive assessment of your business requirements and an in-depth evaluation of the platform’s capabilities are essential in making an informed choice. This ensures that the selected low-code solution is a precise fit, enabling you to maximize efficiency and productivity while achieving your business objectives.
Are low-code platforms good?
Low-code platforms have the potential to deliver substantial advantages, contingent upon their appropriateness for addressing your distinct needs and objectives. These top platforms excel in scenarios where streamlined application development, enhanced productivity, and cost-efficiency are crucial. By carefully assessing your specific requirements and aligning them with the capabilities of the best low-code solution, you can harness its full potential to meet your business goals effectively and expedite digital transformation efforts.
What are LCNC platforms?
LCNC platforms refer to the top “Low-Code/No-Code” platforms. LCNC platforms are the best software tools that simplify application development by minimizing or eliminating traditional coding. Low-code requires some coding but makes the process easier, while No-Code needs very little to no coding, enabling users of varying technical backgrounds to create applications. These top platforms offer visual interfaces, ready-made components, and drag-and-drop functionality, making application development faster and more accessible. LCNC tools are a boon for the best businesses aiming to streamline processes, save time, and involve non-developers in software creation.
Why is low code the future?
Low code is the best future of application development due to its capacity to deliver rapid results and enhance top efficiency. It enables businesses to adapt quickly to changing demands, streamlines development by simplifying the process and encourages innovation by involving non-developers in the creation of top software solutions. With its ability to save time and costs, low code is well-suited for modern businesses aiming to stay competitive in an ever-evolving top digital landscape.
Author: Narbhavi, Digital Marketing Executive