April 28, 2023
PeopleSoft HCM Update Image 45 | Additional Display Configurability for Company Directory
Introduction to Company Directory
The PeopleSoft Fluid Company Directory is a one-stop interface for searching employee information using hierarchy and organization, like dotted line management and matrix teams. It was first introduced in version 8.0, which was released in 2001. At the time, the Company Directory provided a basic view of an organization’s employees, including their contact information, job titles, and department. Since then, the Company Directory has undergone several revamps and improvements, including advanced features such as organizational charting, social networking, and mobile access. In this blog, we will take a closer look at the PeopleSoft latest Update features of the Company Directory.
PeopleSoft’s Latest Update in Company Directory
The latest upgrade now offers additional display configurability for the company directory. Administrators can now configure the Fluid Company Directory to display additional information, such as pronouns and titles for jobs, businesses, or positions. Moreover, administrators can now set the local time and status of Remote work to appear on a profile page.
Use the Navigation below for Remote Worker Vaccination Visualization.
Navigation: Company Directory
- In PeopleSoft PUM Image 45, administrators can set up the fluid company directory to show additional information about a person.
Fig 1: Navigate to Company Directory
- Now employee rows will show pronouns, next to their names when defined and not just in the header of their profile.
Fig 2: Employee Profile with their Pronouns
- Organizations can now choose to display either the job title, business title, or position of the person.
Fig 3: Employee’s Business Position title display
- Administrators can also configure the profile pages to display a person’s remote work status as well as the person’s local time.
Fig 4: Employee’s Remote Work Status.
- Employees identify their local time zone on their own profile page.
Fig 5: Employee’s Time Zone
- When a person has a remote work status of – fully remote or hybrid, the remote worker status page appears as a page tab within the profile navigation pages, providing more detail about the person’s remote work.
Fig 6: Employee’s Hybrid Work Details
Summary of the Additional Display Configurability for Company Directory Feature:
- To summarize, the additional display configurability for the company directory feature in Image 45 provides administrators with more control over the display of employee information.
- The features include the display of pronouns, flexibility in displaying job titles, and the ability to show remote work status and local time.
- These updates ultimately help organizations manage their workforce more efficiently and effectively.
Author: Aanandha Praseeth Kumar J, PeopleSoft Consultant.