PeopleTools 8.58 has been “Cloud first delivery”, wherein Oracle released PT 8.58 as a subscription on PeopleSoft Cloud Manager for customers on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Patch 8.58.03 was released later for the On-Prem customers in Apr mid-2020.
There has been multitude of new features and enhancements delivered by Oracle in its successive tools and images versions, latest tools being PT 8.58 (On-Cloud/On-Premise) and Image being PUM 34. Oracle PeopleSoft PUM Image 34 was released on 01-May-2020.
MIGRATION TO OCI & CLOUD MANAGER
Oracle encourages the migration of PeopleSoft On-Premise applications to Oracle Cloud infrastructure for a host of benefits namely,
- Lowered Total cost of Ownership
- IT Administration and Support
- Increased scalability
- Easy Spin-up/tear down of Application instances
- Scale up/down DB with no downtime
- High Performance
- Life-cycle Management with Cloud Manager
- Automated Lift and Shift
- Save deployments as templates
- Selective Adoption and consumption of quarterly PUMs
- Easy Adoption of new AI features
- Pre-built Applications Images Available from Marketplace
Kibana is an open-source tool which integrated with PeopleSoft, has delivered rich, intuitive visualizations for key decision makers.
With a seamless user experience, from a tile on the PeopleSoft UI, the users can go to the Kibana visualizations and from therein, they can view PeopleSoft data/screen.
Being easy to install, configure and maintain, it can also be customized for different business needs. Since it is run on elastic indexes, there is no load on the transaction database. Data authorization is similar to elastic search – search results are based on user’s security.
The Pre-Requisite for Kibana is PT 8.58 and deployment of Elastic search.
Other PeopleTools 8.58 key features:
- UI Look and Feel Changes
- Notification Framework features
- Activity Guide enhancements
- Isolating Customization
- Operational Excellence with Accelerated business transformation & innovation
- Faster time to deploy new features, easier to maintain
- Automation of infrastructure build and tear-down
- Expertise on Implementation, Upgrade and Support
- Support Partner supporting 45+ countries
- Exposure to latest PeopleTools and PUM 34 features
For more details, view the attached video at URL: