With the latest release of PeopleTools 8.54 , Oracle has introduced the Fluid User Interface experience.
- Home Pages
- PeopleSoft Search widget
- Notifications widget
- Actions widget
- Navigation Bar widget.
- Device independent
- Gives the response based on user device
- Can be personalized based on needs e.g. Tiles can be added or deleted from homepage based on personal needs
- To create a fluid homepage for Recruiter
- To add a tile for Applicant search
Navigation: Main Menu>Fluid Home>Homepage
- Click on Action Widget
- Click on Personalize
- Click on Add Tile
- Select the content reference which has to be added as a tile.
Clicking on tile ‘Applicant List’ will open the designed Fluid UI page.
- Classic PIA search for a component does not work in Fluid. User should create a separate search by selecting the correct layout.
- Currently, only light weighted applications can be deployed in fluid mode e.g. components like add a person, job data which demands heavy data entry are not suited for fluid mode.
- Currently, some features, like spell check, rich text editor, Find In for grids, Download to Excel, modal movement or re-sizing, are not available in fluid.